When opening TMR in a spreadsheet users may receive this error message
This can happen for a number of reasons
- The Email ID that you logged into Google Sheets with, does not have permission to view TMR items.
- By default, other users cannot view TMR queries, data sources, etc when the spreadsheet is shared.
- This security measure keeps your data private even if the spreadsheet is shared with others.
- You have logged in with a different Email Id that the one you used to create a query in that spreadsheet.
- Whenever the first query is created on a spreadsheet, that user becomes the owner of the queries in that spreadsheet.
- Only that user can view, modify the items in that spreadsheet
- Or Google has incorrectly detected the wrong EMail ID
- Unfortunately, there is an ongoing issue with Google (Issue tracker), that doesn’t allow TMR to exactly identify the Email ID that you are using.
- You can verify if you Google has detected your email correctly, but clicking on the footer of TMR and seeing the Email ID in the MyAccounts section
- If the email ID there is incorrect, probably your browser window has more than one Google Account sessions.
- Please sign out of all other Gmail/GSuite accounts and try to use TMR again